On March 17-18, 2011, The Citadel School of Business Administration will be hosting The Citadel's Directors' Institute--an informative seminar for executives covering corporate governance best practices; legal, regulatory, and political developments; and risk management.
The seminar--located in Charleston, SC at Charleston Place Hotel--will provide for an engaging discussion on pressing business matters between corporate directors and professional leaders.
Edward Ferris, a Partner at Hedge Fund Solutions and Managing Partner, Charlesmore Partners International, will be speaking at the conference about CEO succession planning. (Download Edward's paper on shareholder activism & CEO succession planning)
Other experts will be discussing a variety of issues, including: executive compensation, leadership and ethics, global regulations, fiduciary and legal responsibilities of the Board, Board oversight of management, and the roles of Board sub-committees, among other topics.
Some of the faculty will include:
- Chief Justice Myron T. Steele -Chief Justice, Supreme Court of Delaware
- William S. Bojan - President CEO, Integrated Governance Solutions
- Mark A. Borges- Principal, Compensia
- Simon Lorne -Vice Chairman and Chief Legal Officer, Millennium Partners LP
- Dr. Charles Elson -Chair Corporate Governance and the Chair of the John Weinberg Center for Corporate Governance, the University of Delaware; Board Member HealthSouth Corp
- Edward Ferris -Managing Partner, Charlesmore Partners International; Partner, Hedge Fund Solutions
- Dr. Mark Frigo -CPA & CMA, Director, The Center for Strategy, Execution, and Valuation and Director, The Strategic Risk Management, DePaul University-Kellstadt Graduate School of Business
- L. William Krause - A Board Member of the following organizations; Coherent Inc., Core-Mark, Inc., and Brocade Communications Systems Inc.; retired Chairman and CEO of 3Com
- Keith Longacre -Partner and Leader of Enterprise Risk Management, Ernst & Young
- Patrick McGurn -Special Counsel, Governance-RiskMetrics Group
- Randy Normes- Executive Vice President, Aon Risk Services, Inc.,
- David Ripsom -The Chairman and CEO of Nuclear Electric Insurance Limited