- The relationship of a company's compensation policies and practices to risk management.
- The background and qualifications of directors and nominees.
- Legal actions involving a company's executive officers, directors and nominees.
- The consideration of diversity in the process by which candidates for director are considered for nomination.
- Board leadership structure and the board's role in risk oversight.
- Stock and option awards to company executives and directors.
- Potential conflicts of interests of compensation consultants.
Click here to read the SEC's press release and to watch a video of Chairman Schapiro discussing the proxy enhancements.
Click here to download the Final Rule: Proxy Disclosure Enhancements (.pdf format)